How to Go Live on Tiktok
TikTok has taken the world by storm, offering endless possibilities for creative expression and engagement building. The ability to go live on the platform takes this to a whole new level, providing not only an opportunity to increase engagement but also a chance to earn money through gift points.
Going live on TikTok is not open to all users. In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of going live on TikTok, including what you need to do to access the option and tips for making your livestream a success.
What is Tiktok Live?
TikTok LIVE is the ultimate tool for creators to interact with their audience in real-time. This exciting feature is what sets TikTok apart from other social media platforms. In May 2022, TikTok took the live experience to a whole new level with the introduction of a limited version of LIVE Subscription.
The monthly subscription allows fans to show their support and appreciation to their favorite live creators with special emotes, badges, and subscriber-only chats. Although the LIVE Subscription is currently only available to a select group of creators, it will gradually roll out to more users in the coming months.
Requirements For Going Live On TikTok For Creators
|Followers||Tiktok only allows this feature for accounts with over 1,000 followers|
|TikTok account||Create a TikTok account to start using the app.|
|Community guidelines||Follow TikTok’s strict guidelines.|
|Verified account||Verify your account by providing your phone number or email address.|
|Stable internet connection||Need a stable internet connection to go live on TikTok.|
|Latest app version||Have the latest version of the TikTok app installed on your device.|
|Camera and microphone||Need a camera and microphone to go live on TikTok. Can use the camera and microphone of your device or an external camera and microphone.|
|Age requirement||Must be at least 18 years old to go live on TikTok.|
TikTok Live Features:
- Weekly Rankings: The Weekly Rankings can be found in the LIVE section of the app and show the weekly ranking of creators based on the number of Diamonds collected during their LIVE streams. The more Diamonds you collect, the higher your ranking will be. Each week, the top 20 hosts will be awarded prizes, and the top 4 to 10 hosts will be featured on the “Explore More” page and have a label on their LIVE video thumbnails displaying their previous week’s ranking.
- LIVE Campaigns: LIVE Campaigns are events hosted by TikTok LIVE, offering rewards to LIVE Creators who participate. It is a great opportunity to engage with your new and existing viewers and foster a sense of community. You can learn about the current LIVE campaigns by checking the banners on the TikTok LIVE page. The campaign page will show you the duration of the campaign, instructions for participation, information on how to win rewards, and the terms and conditions. You can opt out at any time by clicking “Opt-Out” at the top of the campaign page.
- Interaction with followers: When you go live on TikTok, you can interact with your followers in real-time. This means that they can send comments and questions while you are live, and you can respond to them immediately. This feature allows you to create a more personal and engaging experience for your followers and helps to build a strong connection with your audience.
- Duet with other users: TikTok allows you to go live with another user on a duet stream. This means that you can collaborate with another user and create content together. This feature is great for building partnerships with other TikTok users and creating new content for your followers.
- Live gifts: During your live stream, your followers can send you virtual gifts, which can increase your revenue. These gifts can be purchased with TikTok coins, which are a virtual currency on the platform. Receiving gifts from your followers during your live stream is a great way to monetize your content and increase your income.
- Live analytics: TikTok provides live analytics during your stream, including the number of viewers and the countries they are from. This feature allows you to see how your live stream is performing in real-time and make adjustments to your content if needed. It also provides valuable information about your audience, which can help you tailor your content to better meet their needs.
Each of these features offers unique benefits to TikTok users who go live on the platform, and using them effectively can help to increase your engagement and monetization on the platform.
How to Go live on TikTok:
- Open the TikTok app: Open the TikTok app on your device.
- Tap on the “Live” icon: On the bottom navigation bar, tap on the “Live” icon, which is represented by a camera with a broadcast symbol.
- Enable camera and microphone access: TikTok will prompt you to allow access to your camera and microphone. Click on “Allow” will get you enable access.
- Customize your live stream: On the next screen, you will customize your live stream to select a filtering option, you can add music, or adjust the video setting.
- Start your live stream: After customising it, click the “Go Live” button to begin your stream.
- Engage your audience: During your live stream, you can engage your audience by answering their comments and queries. In the analytics part of the screen, you can also see the total number of viewers and the nations they are from.
When you’re ready, tap the “End” button to put an end to your live stream. Your live stream footage will be saved by TikTok to your camera roll, where you can share it with your TikTok followers or on other social media sites.
It is important to remember that TikTok has strict community guidelines, and you should make sure to follow them when going live on the platform. Additionally, it is recommended to have a stable internet connection and a high-quality camera and microphone for the best live streaming experience.
How You Will Earn Money Going live on Tiktok:
For content creators to share their work and interact with their audience, Tiktok has grown to be a popular platform. It also presents options for content providers to monetise their work because to its expanding user base and popularity. There are a number of methods to make money on Tiktok through live streaming, regardless of whether you’re an influencer, a content provider, or just someone who loves to go live. Brand promotions, in-app gifts, fan subscriptions, and affiliate marketing are just a few examples.
- A brand deal is when you collaborate with a brand and promote their products during your live stream.
- You can reach out to brands directly or work with an agency that connects influencers with brands. To be eligible for brand deals, you need to have a significant following and engagement on Tiktok.
- You get paid for promoting products, usually based on the number of views, clicks, or sales generated from your live stream. You can also negotiate the terms and conditions of the deal with the brand.
- When working with brands, make sure to disclose your partnership clearly to your followers to maintain transparency and comply with advertising laws.
- Tiktok allows users to send virtual gifts to live streamers, which can be redeemed for real money.
- To start earning money through in-app gifts, you need to go live on Tiktok. As you go live, viewers can send you gifts in real-time.
- Tiktok takes a cut of the gifts you receive, but you can still earn a significant amount if you have a large and engaged audience. The more gifts you receive, the more money you can earn.
- In-app gifts can be a fun way to engage with your audience and earn money, but it’s important to remember that gifts don’t guarantee income and should not be the sole focus of your live streams.
- Fan subscriptions are a way to offer exclusive content or perks to your followers in exchange for a monthly fee.
- To offer fan subscriptions, you need to meet Tiktok’s eligibility criteria, which includes having a certain number of followers and engagement. Once you’re eligible, you can set up your subscription service and offer exclusive content to your subscribers.
- You can earn a recurring income from fan subscriptions, and the amount you earn depends on the number of subscribers you have and the amount you charge for the subscription.
- When offering fan subscriptions, make sure to provide value to your subscribers and keep them engaged to retain your subscribers.
- Affiliate marketing is a way to earn a commission by promoting a product during your live stream.
- You can sign up for an affiliate program of a brand or company, and you’ll be given a unique affiliate link to promote their products. When someone clicks on your link and makes a purchase, you’ll earn a commission.
- Affiliate marketing can be a way to earn passive income while live streaming on Tiktok. The amount you earn depends on the commission rate offered by the brand and the number of sales you generate.
- When promoting products through affiliate marketing, make sure to only promote products that align with your values and interests, and disclose your affiliation clearly to your followers.
How to Earn Money through LIVE Gifts and Diamonds
When you go live on TikTok, you have the potential to earn money through LIVE Gifts and Diamonds. TikTok fans can send virtual gifts to you during your live stream, which can be converted into Diamonds. These Diamonds can then be converted into real money and transferred to an external account of your choice.
To access the full benefits of LIVE Gifting, you must be 18 years or older and follow TikTok’s Community Guidelines. You can enable LIVE Gifts in your Settings and then access your balance to withdraw your earnings to a bank or PayPal account once you’ve accrued 2,000 Diamonds, equivalent to $10.
- Tap “Settings”
- Click the LIVE Gifts toggle
- Go to your profile
- Click “Settings” again and go to “Balance”
- Withdraw your rewards to your bank or PayPal account. You must accumulate 2,000 Diamonds ($10) before requesting payment from TikTok.
Some Useful Tips for an Awesome LIVE:
- Time slot – Choose a time slot that aligns with your audience’s activity and availability. Primetime hours may provide the best visibility, but it’s crucial to consider your viewers’ schedules.
- Length of time – The length of your LIVE stream is up to you, but a good rule of thumb is to aim for around 30 minutes.
- Stay active – Post a video before your LIVE stream to attract more viewers. This way, if someone sees your posted video while you’re LIVE, they can enter your stream directly through your For You feed.
- Lighting – Good lighting is key to keeping viewers engaged. Make sure you have adequate lighting before recording.
- Sounds – Sound quality is just as important as visual quality. Find a quiet place to stream from and make sure your viewers can hear everything you’re saying.
- Internet connection – Test your internet connection before going LIVE to ensure a steady and consistent connection.
- Camera angle – Choose one camera angle and stick with it to avoid a rough viewing experience for your viewers.
- Plan it out – Plan out your LIVE stream in advance to stay focused and organized. There’s no need for a script, but having a plan in mind can help you stay on track.
- Engage your audience – Engage with your viewers by responding to comments and answering
What is Not Allowed in Tiktok live?
TikTok has community guidelines that prohibit certain content and behavior on its platform, including on TikTok LIVE. The following actions are not allowed on TikTok LIVE:
- Spamming or posting repetitive content
- Harassment, hate speech, bullying, or violence
- Nudity, sexually explicit content, or sexually suggestive behavior
- Sale or promotion of illegal or harmful items
- Fraudulent activity or impersonation
- Infringing on intellectual property rights
- Providing incentives for gifting or soliciting gifts
- Engaging in any other behavior that violates TikTok’s terms of service
It’s important to follow these guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all users on TikTok LIVE.
Related Article: How to Create Engaging Tiktok Ads for Your Brand
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)?
How Many Followers do you need to Access live Feature on tiktok?
To access the live feature on TikTok, you need to have at least 1,000 followers. However, the number of followers required to access the live feature can vary based on TikTok’s internal policies and guidelines.
Do People Get Money from Tiktok lives?
People can earn money from TikTok live streams through virtual gifts sent by viewers. The amount earned depends on factors such as viewer count, engagement, and gifts received. TikTok creators can also earn money through brand deals, sponsorships, and collaborations. The earning potential on TikTok is determined by a combination of factors including content quality and audience engagement.
Can I Go live on Tiktok Without 1000 Followers?
TikTok requires that a user have at least 1,000 followers to access the live feature. If you have fewer than 1,000 followers, you will not be able to go live on TikTok. This policy is in place to ensure that live streams on the platform are of a certain quality and are accessible to a large enough audience. However, TikTok’s policies are subject to change, so it’s always a good idea to check the app for the most up-to-date information.
How Many Views on Tiktok to Get Paid?
The number of views required to get paid on TikTok varies and depends on factors like engagement, brand deals, and monetization opportunities. TikTok creators can earn money through virtual gifts from viewers and from brand deals, sponsorships, and collaborations. The amount of money a creator can earn is dependent on the quality of their content and engagement with their audience, as well as their ability to secure monetization opportunities.
Do You Get Paid for likes on Tiktok live?
You cannot get paid for likes on TikTok live streams. TikTok’s virtual gifting system allows viewers to send gifts to creators during live streams, which can be redeemed for money. The amount earned depends on factors such as viewer count, engagement, and gifts received. TikTok creators can also earn money through brand deals, sponsorships, and collaborations, but likes by themselves do not result in payment.
earn money going live on tiktok, requirements for going live on tiktok, tiktok live streaming