How to Take Screenshot on a Mac and PC
Capturing screenshot make it easier for user to review and retain the information.
For example: To save important formulas or solution to problems, espacially during online classes or video tutorials.
You can capture high-quality screenshots on any device (MAC or PC), then edit or share them in your workspace.
In the article, we will go through all the steps, software, tricks, and shortcuts to take a screenshot for different device users.
Let Get Started!
How to Screenshot on Mac:
Mac Operating System are equipped with so many built in tools which make it easier for user to capture screenshots.
Different Methods for Taking Screenshots on a Mac
Method 1: Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Simplest and quickest way to take a screenshot on a Mac is to use keyboard shortcuts Key:
——> Use Command + Shift + 3 to capture the entire screen and save it as a PNG file on your desktop.
——–> Use Command + Shift + 4 to capture the selecte portion of the screen, you want to take a screenshot and select the area you want to capture by clicking and dragging and save it as a PNG file on your desktop.
——-> Use Command + Shift + 4 to capute a specific window, then press the Spacebar button. it will convert the cursor into a camera icon. and then click the window you want to capture and save it as a PNG file on your desktop.
Method 2: Using the Screenshot Utility
Another way to take screenshots on a Mac is to use the built-in Screenshot Utility. To access this tool, follow these steps:
- Press Command + Shift + 5 to open Screenshot Utility on your computer.
- From the Screenshot Utility menu, choose the type of screenshot you want to take.
- To capture a selected portion of the screen, click on the Selection option and then select the area you want to capture by clicking and dragging.
- To capture a specific window, click on the Window option and then click on the window you want to capture.
- To capture the entire screen, click on the Screen option.
- While You have the Screen Recorder option to Record your screen on the other side.
Where to Find These Screenshots
Well, by defult the screenshots save in your desktop. and it will automatically be titled as “screenshot”.
if you want to change the location that your screenshots get saved to use the following steps:
- Go to Desktop and Press Shift + Command + 5 to open the Screenshot Utility Menu.
- On the Utility Toggle click on the “Options” to open the Menu
- Click on Other location to set a folder you want to save your screenshot.
Method 3: Using Third-Party Apps
Mac OS by default has good option to take a screenshot by using shortcut key but if you prefer to use third party app then there are many apps available in the Mac App Store. Some of the most popular are these:
The best tool to take screenshot on Mac OS. lightshot is a simple and fast to use.
Install it from Mac App Store, Launch the app go to setting set it on bot mode that whenever you restart your computer it will run automatically.
Short Cut key:
Press Command + shift + 9 it will darken your screen and indicate you that it is ready to take a screenshot
click and drag the mouse selects the area you want to take a shot and Control + s to save.
and also, you can edit that shot and can copy that to your clipboard.
Other best screenshot apps for MacOS users: Skitch, and Nimbus Screenshot.
How to Screenshot on Windows PC:
By default window PC have their own snipping tool that allow you to capture a custom rectangular section of the screen, or capture a free form shape or the entire screen.
you can open it from window menu option or you can just press Windows key + shift + S to open snipping tool on Window Pc.
Best Third Party Application for Window Pc
Screenshot captor is one of the best application. i’m using it personaly. it has a lots of features that can ease your work.
——> Post-capture features that offer unique editing tools.
you can add special effects to the screenshot to make it more blurry, add caption text to the image, adjust colors, insert shadows, create a border around the image or upload it.
You can set all the setting according to your reqirement.
Some Basic setting:
- Go to Prefrences
- Click on startup
- Check the start with windows
It will enable screenshot captor to your run with your window that you don’t need to open every time you restart your PC.
Also you can set hotkeys according to your prefrence.
Go to Hotkey and Shortcut keys: and set your own shortcut key to capture the screenshot or edit or other features. Also it has a lots of feature included:
- location and save setting
- Quick bar control
- File naming
- Automatic Posting
- And many other feature
Other Application for Pc included:
- Lightshot – A simple and user-friendly screenshot tool that allows you to capture selected areas, fullscreen, or active windows with just a few clicks.
- Greenshot – An open-source screenshot tool that allows you to capture screenshots, annotate and highlight images, and quickly share them with others.
- PicPick – A comprehensive screen capture tool that offers various capture modes, image editing tools, and a built-in image editor.
- Snagit – A professional-grade screenshot tool that offers advanced capture and image editing capabilities, as well as the ability to record videos of your screen.
- ShareX – A free and open-source screenshot tool that offers a wide range of capture and image editing tools, as well as the ability to automate tasks and upload images to various destinations.
These are just a few of the many third-party screenshot tools available for Windows. You can try out different ones to see which one works best for you.
Read Also: The Best Time to Post on Instagram by Industries & Location
how to screenshot on mac and crop,
how to take cropped screenshot on mac,
how to screenshot selected area on mac,
how to screenshot on dell laptop,
how to take screenshot on mac,
take screenshot on mac,
how to take screenshot,
how to screenshot on mac
how to screen shot from a mac,
how to take screenshot on a mac,
how to pc screenshot,
how to take screenshots with windows,